Monday 26 September 2016

Road trips and baby showers

Had a lovely relaxing first few days off work. Then a busy weekend. We went up to Scunthorpe to see B's family 170ish miles. We've always gone the same way but decided to go a different way this time, straight up the A1. So glad we did. It was so much quicker. On the sat nav it's only 20 mins quicker but in reality it was about an hour. I think it's because the old way has quite a lot of single carriageway roads so we would always get stuck behind lorries.  But the way we went this time is all dual carriageway. It's a bit boring but much quicker.  
I took my hospital bag and the car seat with us, just in case but luckily didn't need them. 
It was great seeing them again and came home with a car full of stuff for Dot. Including a lovely cot which we an use when she grows out of the "space saver cot" we got free on Gumtree. 

We left at 8am Sunday and arrived home at 11.30. Had a quick nap then went to my surprise baby shower! It was a joint baby shower with R. Had a lovely afternoon eating, opening lots of lovely presents and playing games. I'm so oglad my sister, nephew, and sister-in-law-to-be made it. "Such a surprise," it wasn't, I knew, but it was a great afternoon all the same. R didn't have a clue thankfully. 
Really grateful to our friend Mol for organising it. (She does throw a fab party.) and to everyone who came and brought us lots of lovely presents! And to V for making a yummy cake.
See you Wednesday for my 37 week update. Scary!
A xx
Mol, R and V

My Sis, Nephew, Sis-in-law, S, Me and the cake :)

Everyone :)

Yummy food

R and Me with our Becks Blue

K saying Hi to Dot!

No comments:

Post a Comment