Monday 19 September 2016

Parentcraft??

I wish I hadn't bothered with the antenatal class on Friday. Another waste of time.
With it being called "parent craft"
I expected it to be a bit more about looking after baby. Looks like I'll have to rely on instinct and YouTube after all.
It was on from 10-4. The morning was dedicated to birth. The woman rambled on for 2 1/2 hours. I'm sure there was some useful information in there somewhere but she was so boring that I switched off and don't think I took anything in. Luckily I've watched an antenatal class on YouTube with a nice, and more interesting, American lady.
Then we had a break for lunch, which we had to take ourselves.(it was a free class)
The afternoon was dedicated to after birth. The lady who took the breast feeding class arrived and repeated a lot of what was said in the morning. With bits of the breastfeeding class thrown in. Then she showed us how to bath the baby and we were done.
I don't know what I expected but it was awful. 6 hours of my life I will never get back.
I'm glad B couldn't get the day off as losing a days wages for that would have made it even worse. He's read the leaflets they gave out. Which pretty much summed up everything they said in 5 pieces of paper.
Dot has been super wriggly this week, getting pretty squashed in there now I guess. I'm starting to get quite uncomfortable at times. Mainly when sitting down for too long.
Just finished 1 of my last 2 days at work. Very busy today. B is working nights this week so I'm glad I only have 1 day left at work. Only saw him for 5 mins when I finished work before he got picked up to go and work on a big roundabout near Norwich. At least I didn't have to cook any tea I guess. B made a yummy quiche while he was at home today.
I'm off for a nap. V. Tired after today.
A xx

2 comments:

  1. I only ever did 1 antenatal class lol as from what I remember about them they were boring then so didn't do anymore, Well I hope you and Dot enjoyed the quiche B made for you anyway have to say I I really cant wait to meet Dot now and im guessing these next 4 weeks will really drag just make sure you get plenty of rest while you can love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, not a good day then!
    Hope B keeps safe on that roundabout and you can have more rests after today. Thank you for the specs

    ReplyDelete