Tuesday 6 September 2016

34 week midwife appointment

Me and My pregnant friend went to a breast feeding workshop yesterday. Hopefully she found it useful as I thought it was a bit of a waste of time. It seemed to be more about trying to pre-warn people about the downsides of breast feeding so they go into it knowing that it can be tough to begin with. I already knew that. I know a few people who tried and failed, and also a few who successfully breast fed. I'm determined that I'm going to breast feed so didn't really need convincing. At least it was free.

Had my 34 week midwife appointment this morning. All fine. Blood pressure good, measuring average size. Some Leukocytes in my pee but she wasn't concerned as there were less than a previous test they'd sent off which came back fine.
Dot is head down now but she was at my last midwife appointment and she'd flipped again in between that and my last scan so don't think it means much at the moment.
Getting pretty uncomfortable sleeping now. It's been suggested by a few people that I get a pregnancy pillow but I haven't got long left now so I'm just propping her up with a pillow.
Having a quick nap after work most days which is helping. Only 9 days left at work now. I've decided to finish a few days earlier than planned as I've got some holiday left to use this year.

Been looking into storage for all our excess crap. There's a storage unit on one of the industrial estates which are quite a reasonable price. Hopefully we'll only need it for a few months anyway.
Had an email reply from them about price from an old school friend i'd lost touch with which was nice. She went away to uni but is back in the area now which is cool. Glad I looked into it now.
A xx

5 comments:

  1. If it's the stuff you moved from our shed and still haven't used I reckon you should chuck it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mum its not! It's stuff that we wont have space for in our 1 BED FLAT when the baby arrives. When we move again it wont need to be in storage.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that the breast feeding workshop was rubbish.

    My children are all grown up but I breast fed all three and I actually found it quite easy. It is the natural thing to do. I know many young mums today who continue to work and express breast milk for their baby so it can be done. Have you looked at the La Leche League? Probably a group near you with other nursing mums and they offer a lot of support. I purchased a couple dozen big mens white hankies and used them in place of nursing pads. It worked out cheaper for me and they were easy enough to launder. Anyway best of luck to you.

    Listen to your mum about your stuff LOL!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are grown now. When they came along it was in the 1970's the hippy era and everyone was breastfeeding. They were both born at home with a midwife. I live in the USA. I nursed my son until he was five and my daughter two. The main thing is to make sure what you eat and drink is top notch and that you are not stressed.i fed on demand no schedules and did not work until they were older. Also there are a lot of herbs to support milk production. Also vitamin e is excellent for sore nipples topically applied. Best of luck.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'll have a look into groups etc. We have a very good children's centre and a youth project who let all sorts of groups use their premises so I'm sure there will be something.

      Delete