Tuesday 27 September 2016

37 week pregnancy update

If it wasn't for my scar I would now have an outie belly button so thank goodness for my messed up abs. I just hope the scar shrinks down after Dot arrives or my mum tum is going to be very weird.
I've been getting heart burn at least once a day now, often more. Rennies are still working so haven't had to resort to anything stronger.
Dot has been moving around loads making my belly look slightly scary. Like something out of alien. But I can sit and watch her for ages. It's fascinating.
I had another scan today and my antenatal appointment. At my last midwife appointment she said Dot was head down.
During the scan she was transverse (sideways) and while I was waiting for the consultant I felt her turn again, I thought back to head down. When I told the consultant this she did another quick scan and found that Dot was now breech. So I've now been booked in for an ECV (external cephalic version) tomorrow. They will do a scan first to check Dots position, if she is still breech they'll give me an injection to make my womb "relax". Then attempt to turn her which sounds really uncomfortable.
The leaflet they gave me said it's unlikely Dot will turn back to breech if the procedure tomorrow is successful as long as it's carried out after 36 weeks. I'm not so sure, she turned today and I'm 37 weeks so what's to stop her turning again in the next few weeks? Fingers crossed she stays put if they're successful.
If they can't turn her I'll be booked in for a c-section at 39 weeks.
I'm mentally preparing for a c-section either way. Just in case.
Everyone think upside down thoughts!
A xx

9 comments:

  1. I carried all my babies transverse and had C Sections. The consultant tried to turn No 1 and watched her turn back as soon as he took his hands away. Turned No 2 and after a very uncomfortable 24 hours she turned back and by the time I got to No 3 they didn't even try!!! I bonded very well with my babies after my C sections; I suppose breastfeeding helped. Hoping all goes well for you and you will soon be holding Dot in your arms.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the consultant was trying to turn her she was just kicking her like mad. Obviously didn't want to budge yet.
      I don't mind if I do have a c-section really as long as she's happy and healthy. I know what to expect recovery-wise having already had a similar op. It'll just be annoying not being able to drive for 6 weeks after.

      Delete
  2. Dot's going to be a real fidget - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear I hope all went well today and hope Dot isn't going to take after her daddy and be a pain in the bum was really nice seeing you both and cant wait to see you once you have had Dot love to you both and good luck with the birth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, waste of time. She's been awkward at every scan so far so I think she just might! See you soon-ish

      Delete
  4. My first was breech and they advised a special type of crawling. After I painted the skirting boards in the living room and did handstands in the swimming pool. ..then had acupuncture (not needles, but smoking things like joss sticks near my toes-weird! ) he finally turned and came out fine! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen floor and all the skirting boards are on my list of things to do so looks like I'll be doing them all on all fours. Thanks for the advice :)

      Delete
  5. My first was breech and they advised a special type of crawling. After I painted the skirting boards in the living room and did handstands in the swimming pool. ..then had acupuncture (not needles, but smoking things like joss sticks near my toes-weird! ) he finally turned and came out fine! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete