Sunday 4 September 2016

Hospital bag packed!

It's been a pretty uneventful week hence my lack of posts. Dad is feeling better so as long as his platelets start going up he'll be home in the next few days.

I re-packed my hospital bag today and thought I'd write a list of what I've packed. With only some leggings/ jogging bottoms, my slippers and my hospital notes to pack last minute and some muslin cloths which I'm yet to buy I think I'm done.
I've probably over packed but I always tend to.
So...I packed my bag and in it I put....
1 small set of baby clothes including nappy
1 large set of clothes including nappy (both in labelled bags so B can see which is which if I'm not very mobile post natal)
1 hat
2 bibs
1 pair of scratch mitts
8 nappies
2 muslin cloths
1 blanket
Hair clip and hair band
Straws
Lip balm
Charger
Robinsons squash'd
3 nursing strap tops (including 1 for sleeping in)
1 vest top with buttons
2 nursing bras
5 pack of disposable maternity briefs
10 pack of maxi pads
2 towels (old, throwing away after as we've just got a new set)
1 bikini top (hoping for a water birth)
1 can of dry shampoo (recommended by everyone on YouTube, not sure I'll use it but it was half price)
1 bottle of blue Powerade (yum!)
5 pack of Alpen light, chocolate and fudge
4 pack of black full briefs
4 pairs of socks
2 pairs of boxers to sleep in (living in these instead of shorts at the moment)
Plastic bag for dirty clothes
Camera

Wash bag which contains;
Specs
Paracetamol
Deodorant
Brush
Mini shampoo and conditioner (went a bit mad on the minis from the local pharmacy which were 3 for 2)
Mini face wash
Face wipes
Mini shower gel
Hand sanitiser (also in the 3 for 2 offer)
2 Tooth brushes (incase B wants 1)
Mini hand cream
Mini tooth paste (free from the dentist)
4 pairs of breast pads
Nail clippers
5 pairs of Contact lenses (always take 5 when ever I stay away anywhere)
2 hair bands
3 chocolate Brunch bars (so they don't get squashed loose in the bag)
That sounds like a lot but all fits into 1 bag, surprisingly.

I've also packed a few extra baby bits in my lovely 2nd hand Pacapod changing bag. Just in case we have to stay in a bit longer.
1 more set of baby clothes (might pack another haven't decided yet)
2 sleep suits
Water wipes
Changing mat (comes with the bag)
1 blanket
1 swaddling blanket
14 nappies

Obviously we'll be taking the car seat as well.
I haven't decided whether i'm taking my own pillow or not. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.

Now having pork chops, roasties and mushy peas for tea. Yummy.

A xx
My Pacapod Jura

My Hospital Bag

5 comments:

  1. Do hospitals in England provide their patients with anything? In the U.S. the hospitals will provide toothpaste, soap, shampoo & conditioner, slipper socks for Mommy, hospital gown for labor/delivery, maxi pads, nursing/breast pads, disposable diapers (nappies) for baby, gowns & blankets for baby in hospital, knit hat for baby, etc. Here they'll also have baby wash/soap/powder/lotion available, and often send some home with family, along with a few ready-to-go bottles of formula for baby to supplement breast milk in the 1st few days. Natural births in the U.S. have mom & child discharged in about a day; cesareans are discharged in 2-3 days. The only thing you might want to add is a favorite bed pillow, as hospital pillows can be uncomfortable for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do provide the basics if you really need them but they ask that you bring your own. One downside of NHS hospitals I guess.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Such good news that your dad is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Grief Girl, you've got enough for months! Don't they even provide nappies now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not much more than they suggest on the NHS website.
      And no, they ask that you B.Y.O

      Delete