Sunday 21 August 2016

Busy weekend doing not very much.

Tad annoying. The car broke down on a test drive so we ended up selling it to the bloke for £50 as we would have only got about £40 if the scrap yard would have come and picked it up. He's coming back for it with a trailer at some point this week. Just glad to see the back of it now.
The Tesco beef ribs yesterday were disappointing and I have gone off wine. So only had a few sips of my 1 glass. I hope it's just because I'm pregnant but it wasn't nice!
On the upside the chocolate torte was amazing.

On a happier note, my dad is starting to feel a bit better(just a little) after his last lot of chemo and stem sell transplant. He's just finished his treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. So hopefully in a few days after some antibiotics and a lot of rest he will be over the worst.
My nephew Baby J has just had a successful op to correct his pyloric stenosis, which, if you didn't know (why would you?) is when the passage between the stomach and small bowel becomes narrower. This stops milk passing into the bowel to be digested.
Yes I copied that from google.
Poor little man was puking lots after every feed and wasn't putting on weight.
He's eating better now which is a major relief for H & J (my sister and brother in-law)

Other than that it was a pretty uneventful weekend. We watched the fireworks on the park opposite after the "cinema in the park" which were quite impressive. Which of course completely freaked the dog out for a good half hour afterwards.
We got up too late to go to the local car boot sale as planned. Im making the most of what few lay-ins I have left before Dot arrives.
I guess it's bed time for me before another week of work.
Night
Xx
Pretty fireworks
Not a happy chappie! :(

4 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog, thank you for writing it.
    You and your Mum are excellent bloggers.
    All the best for your pregnancy, time will soon go now.
    Glad to hear your Dad is doing a better.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm still getting the hang of it. Hense the lack of pictures!

      Delete
  2. Wonder why I can't see the pictures?
    and you know what I won't say about the car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong but they either don't upload or if I try to change where they are they disappear and leave the caption floating around. Very annoying.

      Delete