Friday 26 August 2016

Afternoon at the Beach

As there was no one testing this afternoon at work I thought I'd have the afternoon off as it seems to be the only nice day of the bank holiday weekend (surprise surprise!) With B at Reading festival (I didn't fancy a weekend with 4 drunk lads) I took myself off in our lovely new car to mum and dads beach hut in Felixstowe. I did plan on going for a swim but it was so nice just sitting in the sun with the cool sea breeze I didn't bother. I was only there for a couple of hours as the dog needed walking but it was a thoroughly relaxing afternoon. I can't wait to take Dot there in years to come. When they bought it it was kitted out with everything you'd need for a day on the beach. Buckets, spades, dingy, boogie boards and even a camping hob for a cup of tea. I must remember to take sugar when I go next time as tea with no sugar is disgusting. That's the only thing the hut is missing so can't be bad.

Just heard from B he has managed to find a stall that sells phone charging packs that you can swap as many times as you like which means he'll be able to get lots of videos of all the bands I'm missing. He's lost 2 of his friends but him and M were having a brilliant time this afternoon "skanking out to some awesome grime" which I'm glad I'm missing. That's one music genre we definitely don't share a love of.
After I got home I went to visit my pregnant friend R at the fish and chip shop to get my tea. Don't know how she copes with the heat. Makes me very thankful for the air conditioning at my work!
A xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alison:

    I found your blog from following your mum's - It sounds like a lovely day for sitting outside at the beach hut. If the beach hut is located in Old Felixstowe there is a lovely walk along the sea that goes all the way down to the Ferry which I am sure you are aware of.

    I chuckled when I read "tea with no sugar is disgusting" when I was expecting my first child I gave up sugar as my GP was very strict about how much weight you gained and I thought to myself well that is just wasted calories (if I remember correctly 16 calories to a teaspoon) and do you know I quickly got used to it. In fact if someone accidentally gives me tea with sugar I can't drink it as it now tastes like poison to me!

    I do hope you enjoyed your fish and chips, quite a treat at the end of a nice day. Take care.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately my feet hurt almost all the time now so can't walk that far to explore.
      My boss says the same about tea with no sugar.
      Being pregnant has given the me a major sweet tooth, luckily I've not put on too much weight yet. I'm still in the recommended amount, for now. So I'm making the most of eating what I want. (she says scoffing a whispa) The fish and chips were yummy thanks :) nice to hear people are enjoying reading my blog x

      Delete